Sunday, February 28, 2016

"The Granite Cape" by Stephanie Lau of All About Ami

In January, I discovered a link, from a crocheter that I tend to follow, that peeked my interest.
She's had quite a few patterns that I have wanted to try, but was too scared to begin because my crocheting skills aren't that great.
She had created what she called "The Granite Cape". The stitch pattern was a fairly simple repeat for a whole bunch of rows. You can click on the link above to check it out in more detail.

I used Lion Brand Yarn: Wool-Ease in Blue Mist. Approximately 10 skeins.

I figured crocheting a sweater would go a lot faster than knitting one (I've made a few caplets and shawls- but not a full length sweater), and while this one did take the better part of January and a couple of weeks into February, it did go by pretty quickly.

The actually Cape crochets up larger than the photo indicates. I don't have anyone around to take a picture of it on me, but I did take a picture of the drape while it is on the back of my desk chair:
The oversized style makes the sleeves come down past my elbows, and the bottom of the sweater comes down past my butt (that's without blocking it). I'm 5'7", so do with that what you will.

The link for "The Granite Cape" will lead you to the creators post where there are photos of her wearing her version. I highly encourage you to give it a try if you are slightly scared about making a sweater. Her instructions are pretty straight forward and easy to follow. You pretty much only need to know SC, and Chain stitches.

Now that I've made this sweater, I'm thinking about making her "Easy Chunky Crochet Sweater" as it's something similar to what my mom has been wanting me to make for her. It'll have to wait for a little bit as I've got other things on my to-do list that I need to complete first.

Stay tuned this week for more things that I have completed.

No comments: